(This call may be monitored by the subconscious.) In Tieck’s creepy tale from the late 18th Century, Der blonde Eckbert, a Knight tells a story of a magical bird and dog to a dear friend whom he kills immediately afterwards. The friend keeps on showing up in different […]
Aimeee Bender says Stephanie Barbé Hammer’s novel The Puppet Turners of Narrow Interior is “fast, spunky, and wonderfully itself. Wear a helmet.”
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Reading the 18th Century, March 12, 2017. Rousseau redux: The Discourse on Inequality continued with some cool info on people who read him March 12, 2017
- February 27th 2017, Reading the 18th Century: Who are we really? Notes on human nature before civilization, after civilization, and the social contract by a weird Swiss guy who wrote about society but couldn’t actually bear to live in one. In other words, welcome to the world of Jean Jacques Rousseau, part 1 February 28, 2017
- Reading the 18th Century (and the 19th and the 21st), 01/23/17: From Schiller to Hugo to Rogue One and back again January 24, 2017
- Reading the 18th Century, 12/29/16 — rehearsing the revolution: Friedrich Schiller’s The Robbers December 30, 2016
- Reading the Enlightenment: Nathan the Wise and imagining religious interconnectedness December 19, 2016
Magically Real Birthday Honor Roll!
Happy Birthday Thomas More! (February 8th)
Happy Birthday to Amélie Nothomb! (August 14th)
Kathleen Alcalá (August 29th)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIDA KAHLO!!!! (July 6th)
Happy Birthday to Aimee Bender (June 28th)
Fernando Pessoa (June 13th)!