Brief Recap in bullet points:
· #ouat 12 princes = too many.
· queen pregnant and dad-king wants a girl so he can kill the boys (reverse Oedipal complex).
· hires carpenter – fabricates coffins avec fancy pillows.
· queen tells Benjamin = youngest son.
· Benjamin and 11 bros scamper to Los Angeles Forest currently not having a fire and hid in nice chalet.
· mom raises red flag when princess is born.
· princess grows up.
· notices 12 boys’ Lacoste shirts on clothesline = “what’s the dealio mom?”
· coffins are displayed to princess = OMG!
· princess goes and find brothers (wh
o previously threatened to kill all girls) and lives with them = possibly a bad idea.
· picks flowers in garden for boys.
· boys turned into ravens. They fly off.
notes for a happy ending:
1. Have old lady give princess impossible task = not speak for 7 years
2. princess says OK, goes and sits in tree and starts spinning something = “Me Jane, come get me Tarzan!” = exotic stereotype
3. Introduce new character = King #2 goes hunting in forest > sees quiet hot chick who can make her own cloth! = “I’m gonna marry this one!”
4. Change of scene (enough of that LA forest!). K2 brings silent wife back to castle = mother in law suspicious = “Why don’t that bitch ever talk?”
5. Compress multiple accusations by MIL of DIL. Have culmination be= “Why don’t she laugh even? – what’s her story?”
6. King #2 (son) says – “you’re right Mom, let’s burn her” = thanks a lot.
7. Quickly build tension = Princess clothes on fire = she’s gonna die people.
8. Introduce last minute rescue: ravens touch down, turn into guys, put out fire, and explain very quickly to king what happened.
9. Take it out on older woman: MIL put in barrel with boiling oil and venomous snakes = nice touch to have the snakes in there too.